CE 4.2 ADS XScale SDK Doesn't work on my machine
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

wtang

17 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  18:08:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
I downloaded the latest ADS XScale SDK and installed it. First I got a warning says that I need install CE Utility 1.1 since I have VS .NET 2003 installed. So installed this utility from Microsoft web site. After that I try to install the SDK again. This time, it doesn't have this warning. It seems installed correct.
But when I try to build a stypical "Hello, Worl" WCE application using this SDK, it issues an error "Error Spawning clarm.exe". When I use my original ADS 4.1 SDK, it works fine.

I'm not sure what I did wrong here. Can someone help me on this? Thanks,
William

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  08:25:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
The ADS SDKs are for eVC. For Visual Studio 2003, you don't need any "special" SDK. You can simply use the "Windows CE Device" target that is installed by default with Studio.

For connectivity, you should install the Visual Studio 2003 Add-on pack. See the new Windows CE Developer's Guide for more details.
Go to Top of Page

wtang

17 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  09:52:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
My applicaiton is eVC++, and that's why I have the SDK installed. I guess my PC has VS .NET 2003 installed and ADS SDK detects it during installation for some reason.
My question is that now my eVC++ application can't compiled under this new SDK, but the same eVC++ application can be compiled under previous SDK (CE 4.1). Could you help me on this? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jbaik

22 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  09:57:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
I do not remember we release "ADS Xscale SDK" for CE 4.1. You maybe install CE 4.2 SDK.
Then you need to install EVC SP2 or SP3 on your PC.
Go to Top of Page

wtang

17 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  14:47:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks, John.
The EVC has to upgrade into SP3 in order to compile applicaiton under 4.2.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2004 :  23:55:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
hey guys,

What is "the latest ADS XScale SDK " and where can I get it? I need to port an evC++ program from the GM to the AGX. Is that what I need? I have installed evC++ SP3.

thanks,
Tom.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2004 :  07:19:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
The latest SDKs can be found at Topic 678.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000